Welcome to Payroll and W2 1099 Software Answers ; where you can ask questions and receive answers about payroll software, W2 forms processing, 1099 filing, tax forms, IRS electronic filing and much more.

Contact Us

Real Business Solutions
Live Chat

Real Business Solutions
18313 Distinctive Drive
Orland Park, IL USA 60467

File 1099-INT with IRS FIRE, what do I need?

0 votes

I'm doing 1099's for independent contractors and for interest income.  I also have to upload it to the IRS FIRE (https://fire.irs.gov).  What products do I need?

asked in 1099 Software by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
You will need:


W2 Mate Software

W2 Mate Option #4 (Electronic Filing)

W2 Mate Option #5 (Additional 1099 Forms)

If you want to import the data you also need  W2 Mate Option #3 (Import W2/1099 Data : Excel, QuickBooks & Sage 50).
If you want to use TIN matching you need to create an account with IRS e-Services and upload the request file created by W2 Mate.

Remember in order to e-File with the IRS FIRE you need a TCC code.


answered by RealBusiness