Thank you for your questions.
1) Yes can file 1099 corrections on paper or e-File (after you file).
2) You can upload the 1099 e-File as a test and see if it succeeded or not. Also after you do the actual submission, you log into the IRS FIRE System in 24 hours and you see the status.
3) There is no limit on the number of imports.
4) There is no limit on the number of forms or companies.
5) When you e-File, the 1096 (W3 in case of W-2s) is included as part of the submission.
6) You are licensed to install on one computer. Otherwise you need to buy the network option.
7) You can buy / add options any time you want. You do not have to buy upfront.